Taking your Pet Abroad Post-Brexit

When travelling abroad with your pet dog, cat or ferret, what you need to do will depend on what country you’re going to.  There are different rules for travelling with your pet to an EU country or Northern Ireland and for taking your pet to a non-EU country.  You can no longer use a pet passport issued in Great Britain (England, Wales and Scotland) for travel to an EU country or Northern Ireland.  You can still use a passport issued in an EU country or Northern Ireland.

Please find our guide for post-Brexit pet travel here

Each appointment with the vet will be at least one hour long, depending on the number of pets travelling.  The new AHC is a complex and time-consuming document and can only be completed no more than 10 days before travel.  We require a pre-consultation form to be completed prior to your appointment.  The form can be found here.  We will need plenty of time to examine your pet, complete and check the documents as well as copy and certify all the other paperwork required.   Please remember that this will be required every time that you want to take your pet to the EU, completed no more than 10 days before travel.  The cost is for the completion of the AHC only and does not include any vaccinations, microchipping etc.

The current price is £119.08 inc VAT, plus £45.18 for each additional pet to be included on the AHC.

Please note:    We do not send out reminders for rabies vaccinations.